Well, it’s Wednesday and today on the blog I’m doing my Confessions of a Blogaholic link up! This is the first Confessions linkup for the new year so that makes this one special. Will keep the linkup open for two weeks to give y’all some time to gather your confessions.
Ever since the year began I decided to choose a word that will be my theme and absolute goal to strive for each and every day.
- Freedom to think higher of myself in all facets of life; think bigger, inspiring, motivating and driving towards a better me.
- Free to do the things that make me happy and continue to do more of those things.
- Freedom to not be tied down to a job that I don’t like and dread going into each day.
- Free to speak my mind with no hesitation.
- Free to allow myself to keep meeting new faces and having new experiences.
- Freedom to have fun in whatever process I undergo to get me to my ultimate goal(s).
- Free to live life as if it was the last day because our days are numbered and you never know.
- Free to love someone who’s been searching for me and knows I have arrived when we meet.
All this to say that I confess that it is hard for me to think positive when things don’t go as planned or are not in my favor at the moment as it’s happening. Yesterday was a mentally tough day, I felt emotionally worn out. Instead of giving into my emotions, I made a conscious effort to shift my focus and my thoughts onto something else because I can’t control what was happening in my life that was going wrong.
After doing that, I realized that I just need to be patient because at the 11th hour, things fall into place. I don’t need to waste brain cells trying to think of how they will work out, just believe and trust that they will work out and I’m alive. That’s what matters.
I used to joke to my friend Melissa that I’m alive when she would ask how I’m doing. Things could always be worse, but thank God that they are not because I would be a complete mess. Thank God I don’t have children because the times that I don’t know how I’m gonna get by financially is when I feel fortunate to not have to worry about feeding a little one who is looking to me for everything.
It’s so easy to look at the negative side of things because that’s the world’s way of thinking. Positive thinking doesn’t come easy because it’s like a muscle you have to exercise. Well, get ready y’all because we’re gonna be doing some exercising up in here! I want to have a positive life and my word freedom will get me there.